26 July 2011

Months go by...

So, I'm officially retiring from the 2011 Pic-a-day challenge. Unfortunately, I've been swamped both professionally and personally, and I can't devote the time to these images that they, and you, deserve.

Additionally, most of my personal photography these days is analog - I've been shooting, developing, and now enlarging and printing, a bunch of film. It's a slow process, with roughly a week going by between exposure and final print, so, it's tough keeping a daily schedule.

I will still be posting - this is, first and foremost, a photography blog. Expect more detail shots, more behind-the-scenes and setup shots, and a good bit of darkroom technique, as I become proficient enough to pass it along.

For now, feel free to enjoy a time-lapse video of one of the aforementioned personal projects:



Working on the deck. This was accomplished by setting the camera on a tripod in Aperture-priority, setting auto-ISO, manual focus, and using a "Shoot" brand remote control with an integrated intervalometer. I took one shot every 30 seconds, and combined them into a time-lapse video using Google Picasa.

1 comment:

  1. That time lapse is still so cool. I have thought of giving up on POTD many times. Can't fault you for that at all. Life happens and is always more important. Thanks for sticking it out so long, it was fun to have your company. Looking forward to our endeavors in the coming months! Weddings, weddings, weddings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete