06 May 2011

POTD 126 of 365

So, I've got this shiny new lens, one of the finest lenses Canon produces, and what do I do?

I put it on a camera that's fifteen years old, loaded with cheap medium-speed film, and take it on a walk along a garbage-strewn path behind the office.

Heh.

Pictures soon - have to finish, develop, and scan the roll.

126_of_365

This lens is going to be way too much fun. I've finally broken the shackles of EF-S mount lenses. I'll never, ever, ever purchase another lens built for a crop sensor again. This baby works on all of my digital bodies, my current film body, and any other body I can see purchasing in the future.

I believe I've also broken out of my Tri-X prison, as well. This was shot on Ilford HP5+ 400, so, basically a direct competitor to Tri-X. It dries flat, like all the other Ilford films I've shot. Only downside, if you'll call it that, is that it's an extra minute in the tank developing it, but, I'm assuming that means it's even more forgiving of developing variations than Tri-X.

Anybody wanna buy some Kodak Tri-X 400? I've got a few rolls!

2 comments:

  1. Film? Actual film?! Talk about doing it old-school! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loves me some film! I'm still in the "spray and pray" phase of my photography, so, film is a good way to slow me down and make me think through my shots.

    ReplyDelete