04 March 2011

POTD 63 of 365

I went to a new barbershop today for a haircut and a hot lather shave. If you're a guy in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and you're not going to Big Daddy's Barbershop, you're doing it wrong.

Joey hooked me up with a great haircut that perfectly compliments the handlebar mustache I've been sporting, and the shave was a transcendental experience. My normal razor is a straight razor (and there's a picture there, believe me) so I thought I knew what I was in for. I was wrong.

But, I digress. The haircut and the mustache seemed to want a tie and some suspenders.

As much as I hate being on this side of the camera, I'm quite pleased with the look itself:

063_of_365

Setup is pretty basic. The big strobe into a reflective umbrella at about 1/4 power, and a 430EZ at 1/4 power and two Rosco Cerulean Blue gels (to avoid white bands) lighting the backdrop.

063_of_365_SETUP

Mad Men it ain't, but, still pretty tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment