20 March 2011

POTD 79 of 365

Building on my post from yesterday, Metering, ISO, and You, I decided to put this to practical use.

The 620 is loaded with Tri-X, and is set to its native film speed of 400, because I didn't want to introduce another variable into the mix.

I dialed in the shot I wanted with the 60D, set to ISO 400, and kept the aperture and shutter in the limits of what the 620 and lens can do.

When that was done, I framed the same shot with the 620, put the flash transmitter on that one, and fired off a few frames, bracketing the shot to hedge my bets a little.

It may take a bit before this one hits the blog, because I don't want to burn this roll too quickly, but, when it does make it up here, I'll be posting the digital reference shot, too, just to see how I did.

As a little teaser, Poomba makes his return!

The digital reference shot:

079_of_365_DIGITAL

Yes indeed - pig noir again.

And, the film:

079_of_365

No comments:

Post a Comment