15 March 2011

POTD 74 of 365

Placeholder this evening - trying a new (to me) film technique, and I'm trying to burn up this roll as quickly as possible.

Basically, I've got my camera set to ISO 1600, with a film speed of 400. Once the roll is shot, I'll "push" the film by increasing the developing time to try to bring out the detail in the otherwise underexposed film.

I know D76 developer isn't ideal for push processing, so I'm expecting some pretty grainy results, but, it's what I've got, and, quite frankly, the vast majority of my shots would have been better if I'd left the lens cap on, so a little grain won't hurt.

We'll see what we get when we get it.

And, we got it.

074_of_365

Blurry - ISO 1600 (especially on ISO 400 film) is still a little to slow to hand-hold indoors, at night, with a filter, but, I kind of knew that based on how the camera metered. Still, I took the shot, so, I've got nobody to blame but myself.

1 comment:

  1. I find it hard to believe you should have left the cap on?!

    ReplyDelete