19 March 2011

POTD 78 of 365

The Missus and I went out in search of the Super Moon this evening. It was an inauspicious start, as we were traveling under heavy cloud cover. The sequence of events, and locations, as I recall them, were as follows:

Out of Drums down St. John's Road.
From St. John's Road to someplace in Conyngham.
Conyngham back to Drums, on a different road (but parallel to St. John's).
Drums to the Stagecoach Inn - skipped taking a shot there.
Stagecoach to Mountain Top.
Mountain Top to North Main.
North Main to 437 Northbound.
437 to Brown Street.
Brown Street is a dead end.
Brown Street to 309 South.
While on 309 South, near St. Jude's Church, we finally saw the moon.
309 South to Church Road.
Church Road to 437 Southbound.
437 had nowhere good to pull over and see the moon.
437 to White Haven.
White Haven to the Lehigh Gorge State Park.
Lehigh Gorge State Park, under Route 80.

That took around 1/4 tank of gas.

All that for this:

078_of_365

The moon certainly was bright. Obviously, I would have liked to have taken this a little closer to sunset, to try get a little more ambient into the shot, but, overall, it's OK.

Took it into Photoshop for a fairish bit of dodging and teeny bit of burning. I wanted to recover as much of the light on the overpass as I could.

I also shot an entire roll of Tri-X. Apparently, longer exposures benefit from a slightly different development method, and, I didn't want to have compromise either these shots, or shots taken at a faster shutter, so I decided to burn the whole roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment