19 April 2011

POTD 109 of 365

I picked up a few new lighting modifiers at KMart over the weekend. Specifically, some cheap frosted shower curtains. One is just plain frosted. The other, seen in the background of this shot, has vertical lines in it.

109_of_365

Setup on this has Pumbaa facing the big strobe on camera left, through a softbox, at around 1/4 power. The strobe is "flagged" as best as I could with black construction paper and gaffers tape to prevent spill onto the backdrop.

To camera right, above the pig, angled down, is a small reflector, gold side out, to provide a little fill.

Behind the backdrop is the 580EX II, at 1/8, through a blue gel, and then the LTP. I should have dropped it down a bit, or, raised my camera a bit.

109_of_365_SETUP1

The other nifty bit of this setup is the rig I cobbled together to hold the lightstand. It's a 1/4" wooden dowel, fit in an umbrella mount, with binder clips and rubber bands to hold the reflector:

109_of_365_SETUP2

If I was a little more patient, this should would have been better, because some of the wrinkles may have come out of the plastic backdrop, but, it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment