08 April 2011

POTD 98 of 365

I made mention on my Facebook page that I tested the Cactus triggers, and found out that by mounting the transmitter to the CTR-301P triggers on the Cactus transmitter, I could pop both sets simultaneously.

This is the result:

098_of_365

Clockwise, starting at the bottom center, you have:

The Big Strobe, fired by a CTR-301P.
One of the SunPak PZ5000AFs, fired by a Cactus V5.
The Canon 580EX II, fired by a Cactus V5.
One of the Canon 430EZs, fired by a Cactus V5.
The other Canon 430EZ, fired by a CTR-301P.

I would have included the two other SunPaks, but, I ran out of batteries.

These triggers are fantastic. They were obviously designed with serious small-flash lighting in mind. They boast a hot shoe on top, to mount the flash, a cold shoe and a 1/4" socket on the bottom, to mount to a light stand, a 3.5mm jack to connect to either a PC socket of a 6.5mm jack on strobes, 16 channels of 2.4 gigahertzy goodness, group triggering, and common AAA batteries.

Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment