25 April 2011

POTD 115 of 365

Shot an abandoned gas station today - finishing up my roll of Ilford Delta 400.

If the 400 base is anything like the 3200 base, I don't think I'm going back to Tri-X. Compared to Tri-X, the Iford film dries flat, rather than curling along the short axis, and, consequently, is a joy to scan and store.

Also, call me crazy, but the base isn't purple, like Tri-X, it's grey. Even though I'm scanning in B+W, I'm a little more confident that the tones are going to be more accurate coming from a grey negative.

So, yeah, gas station. I'll be developing the roll tomorrow, which means a scan in the near future.

115_of_365

And, I believe I'm a convert to Ilford. The base is purple, but, it dried flat. Now, before I do anything rash, like tossing out the last few rolls of Tri-X I have, I also realized that I've been running my Hypoclear at 400% strength, which may account for the flatness. I've got a roll of Tri-X in the camera now - once it's done, I'll process it using the too-strong Hypoclear and see if it dries flat, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment