09 February 2011

POTD 40 of 365

I'll admit that macro photography is becoming a bit of a crutch for me - if I'm pressed for time and/or don't have a workable idea, I bust out either the 18-55 with the reversing ring, or the 50 with the extension tubes (like tonight). I'm trying to stay somewhat disciplined about it, however, and incorporate some combination of color, composition, and lighting.

Tonight's focus (pardon the pun) was, obviously, color.

040_of_365

So, yeah - worklight, extension tubes, and narrow (f/22) aperture.

040_of_365_SETUP

In other photography related news, in the wake of Canon's bevy of new product announcements (T3i, T3 (why, Canon?) two new flashes, and a buncha new lenses, I went out and got myself the 2nd oldest EOS in existence. I picked up a used EOS 620 on eBay this evening, complete with an EF 35-70 lens. I plan on getting into B+W film including my own development, and this camera looks perfect - reliable and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment