01 February 2011

POTD 32 of 365

Last night's post was one month in on this project. This month isn't off to a particularly auspicious start, however, I am committed to posting my shots, even if I don't find them appealing.

Tonight's intent was to use the Lensbaby to put a surreal spin on a common item. I figured a combination of Lensbaby and lighting might do it. This the best shot of the series:

032_of_365

Very, very basic setup. Two flashes, the 430EZ at 1/32 with a purple gel, and the 580EX II at 1/32 with a blue gel, no additional modifiers.

032_of_365_SETUP

In the setup shot, you can see the Lensbaby, with the same tilt I used for the shot. I may revisit this one at some point, but, it's clear to me I need more practice with the Lensbaby - cool lens, though, and very fun getting back to full manual control.

No comments:

Post a Comment