10 February 2011

POTD 41 of 365

I've seen this shot done a million times, and, if you've ever been poking around a photography website, chances are, so have you.

I was curious, however, as to how technically difficult this shot is to create. The answer, surprisingly, is, not very. I could have spent a lot more time playing with the lighting to eliminate the reflection of the worklight and trying to control the shadow, but otherwise, this was done in under 15 minutes. I can state with a certainty that I'm going to revisit it, with a thinner glass, and different colors, but, for tonight, simple was the name of the game.

041_of_365

Lighting is the 580EX II at 1/16, fired up into two large pieces of Styrofoam placed on top of the presentation board / backdrop (and, apparently, the worklight adding an unwanted reflection)

041_of_365_SETUP

So, yeah - more to come on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment