25 February 2011

POTD 56 of 365

The Missus and I went to The Cavalcade of Jazz this evening, at Arts YOUniverse in Wilkes-Barre, and it was quite a show. It's worth noting that a lifetime or two ago, I was a bit of jazz musician myself.

While all things historical in this household are handled by The Missus, I'll point out that Wilkes-Barre has a long, storied jazz career. Count Basie actually spent a week in the Wilkes-Barre area (I'm not convinced his bus didn't break down) and we've just dedicated a plaque downtown on the site of the (disputed) first ever Jazz Festival.

So, tonight, I took along the 60D with the 50 f/1.8 on it, because it fits in my coat pocket, and this is one of the shots from the evening:

056_of_365

No setup, obviously, although trying to color-balance this in Post was miserable. There were stage lights. Terrible, terrible stage lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment