22 February 2011

POTD 53 of 365

Photography has become a bit more than a hobby for me these days. For one, I'm actually taking in a few bucks on the side now and then, which is nice. I'm still deep, deep in the red if you factor in equipment and training costs, but the possibility exists that I might recoup my equipment costs, so, there's that.

Another aspect of my...interest (I hesitate to use the term obsession) is that I'm reading anything and everything I can get my hands about the art and science of photography, and I've taken a step to try to further my understanding of the medium. To that end, and I mentioned this, I picked up an older film SLR, a Canon EOS 620, and today, my first batch of film and developing chemicals came in:

053_of_365

I will be processing all of my own Black and White, and will be trusting my color slides to one of the two local shops that still process E6 chemistry.

Once processed, I'll be using the CanoScan to bring the film into the digital world.

So - more about this shot. Available light (tungsten) at ISO 2000, processed exclusively from a DNG in PS Elements. Not my most compelling or interesting shot, but, the POTD is a great way to document an entire year of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment