28 February 2011

POTD 59 of 365

I'm sitting in my office right now, drinking a beer, and reveling in a new experience (not the beer). Tonight, I developed my first roll of film, and, let me tell you, it feels good.

Had a few missteps along the way, to be sure. When the undeveloped roll hit the ground in the pitch black, I invented a few new profanities, but, everything went better than expected.

This is what it looks like now:

059_of_365

The purple tint could be any number of things, apparently, from a too-weak fixer to not enough rinsing, or, it could simply be the fact that Kodak uses a purple base. We'll see, right?

This is the setup for the shot of the shots.

059_of_365_SETUP

The venerable 580EX II is on the floor, with the softbox, at 1/32 and bouncing off the white walls of the tub surround. I wanted to get a nice, even light through the film.

The film's still a little too wet to scan, but, soon enough.

Can't. Bloody. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment