11 February 2011

POTD 42 of 365

Tonight, I've deconstructed a previous shot. If you've been playing along at home, you'll know the shot to which I'm referring:

042_of_365

Two shots - one picture, and a fairly irked photographer. Sounds about par for the course, actually.

One by one...

The apple - two flashes. Key is the 580EX II at 1/16 with the grid, and the background light is the 430EZ at 1/16, 35mm, and a Storaro Green gel.

The apple is suspended from the ceiling by 4-pound monofilament (AKA - cheap fishing line) that I cleaned up in Photoshop.

042_of_365_SETUP_01

The syringe is lit by the worklight, and is shot with the 50mm at f/22 and the #1 and #2 extension tubes.

042_of_365_SETUP_02

Frankly, I loathe the apple, however, it looked even worse when you could see the line.

This, folks, is one of the reasons I eschew photo manipulation - I'm not creative enough to alter reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment