31 January 2011

POTD 31 of 365

I really don't care to be on this particular side of the camera - but, I made a deal with myself that I would take one self-portrait per month throughout the course of the 365 Project. That said...

031_of_365

Have I mentioned my fondness for hats, yet?

Lighting on my mug is the 160WS strobe fired into a reflective umbrella, at slightly less than 1/2 (to account for the small aperture). The umbrella helped to get some of the light up under my hat.

Lighting on the backdrop is the 580EX II at 1/16, through a blue cinema gel.

Setup looks a bit like this:

031_of_365_SETUP

Ignore the reflector - I thought I would need it, but, I managed to adjust the umbrella to get the light where I wanted it.

For reference, I was standing around one foot from the tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment