14 January 2011

POTD 14 of 365

I may have hinted (OK, more than hinted) that you'd see this again.

I like this one more, but, it lost a little punch. I think it's the way that I setup the light inside the helmet. I also did clean the helmet a bit more this time. Any bug-splats still visible can be chalked up to five years and 20,000 miles of riding.

014_of_365

The setup is completely different this time around.

Key is the 580EX II at 1/8 and a mini softbox.

Front fill is the 160WS strobe with a snoot I rigged up using gaffer's tape and a foamie.

Once again, there's a 430EZ at full power with an orange gel inside the helmet. I also stretched a paper towel across the opening for the visor, closed the visor and (not so) carefully trimmed the excess with a razor. When that was done, I mashed all the little fiddly bits left outside the visor back in with the side of a cardboard battery package...

Setup:

014_of_365_SETUP

The camera is at ISO100, 1/200, and f/9.

This may not be the last time you see the helmet, but I'm done with this composition for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment