18 January 2011

POTD 18 of 365

I got started a little late tonight, and one of the catters followed me into the pstuedio. Rather than setup an elaborate lighting rig to take a picture of an apple, I pet the cat for a little bit, settled him down, and took this:

018_of_365

OK, it's a picture of the cat - no big deal, but, if you'll forgive me, it's a serious picture of the cat.

For one, I struggle with horizon control in my shots. I tend to center the horizon in the viewfinder, getting it mostly level, and I let 'er rip. That's not the best way to take a photograph. I tried to fix that in this one.

Leading lines are nice - I actually did swing the cat around on the rug (don't worry - he loves that!) until the lines in the carpet were pointing at his face.

Lighting was very basic for this - on-camera 580EX II in TTL mode, with the strobies globe on top.

No setup shot - it's not that serious a picture!

Oh, and if anyone's interested, The Missus and I did get Chinese food last night, and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment