17 January 2011

POTD 17 of 365

The Goblet makes its triumphant return!

When I was mixing up the faux absinthe yesterday, I loved the way the drops of food coloring reacted in the water.

Today's shot was supposed to have been a mix of decent photography and some 'shopping skills, unfortunately, I got bored with the 'shopping aspect, and set the shot back up and took another.

This is today's (unshopped) image:

017_of_365

When I set the shot back up, I changed the lighting around to do something different. I asked myself, "Geoff, what if your background was your light source?" Then I asked myself "Geoff, what are you making for dinner tonight?" Then, I answered myself "I don't know, let's try it, and, maybe The Missus and I will go for some Chinese food."

Right - lighting. The 580EX II at 1/16 with a diffuser, fired into the back of the white posterboard.

Setup shot:

017_of_365_SETUP

Will the goblet be back?

Will I try this shot again to minimize the vignetting at the top right?

Will The Missus and I get our Chinese food?

The answer to these questions and more will be revealed - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment