03 January 2011

POTD 3 of 365

Day three, and I'm already struggling. This is going to be a long year, folks.

003_of_365

I knew I wanted to play with lights a little more this evening - there's more color coming up, because The Missus is an avid Fiestaware collector, but, I had so much fun with the strobes last night, I wanted to feature them again.

So, I'm standing in the basement, looking at a green shot glass on a granite tile, and I'm enjoying the reflection, but, it needs a little something.

As I look around my work table, I see my work gloves. Ah HA! I use the gloves to handle shiny things, so I don't leave fingerprints, but, tonight, I decided to use one of the gloves to leave a print.

I rigged up a quick stand with some mending brackets, mounted it to a flexible tripod, and pointed a the 580EX at it. Too much. Tossed the snoot on the front of the 580 and...bingo! Long, shadowy fingers.

The glass is lit with a 430EZ with a Presslite modifier on top. This is nifty little gizmo, and allows you shape a flash by adjusting two reflective panels.

As usual, the flashes are fired with cheapie triggers.

Setup shot here:

003_of_365_SETUP

No comments:

Post a Comment