19 January 2011

POTD 19 of 365

So, this is Spock - don't let the name fool you, she's a she. The Missus had always wanted a black cat named Spock, and, when circumstances put a very small, very angry female black cat in our path, I reckoned she wouldn't mind if we called her Spock, so long as she got a good home to go with the name.

She's a little butterball, and really quite lazy, until you stick a camera in her face, and then she won't stop moving.

Complicating this issue is the fact that she's had cataracts since birth, and they're really obvious when you take her picture. As a service to the little fuzz-butt, I wanted to try to get her eyes clear, so I had to persuade her to look down a little bit, to keep the light from hitting the cataracts head-on.

019_of_365

I don't want to give the impression I'm not working at this - this particular shot was one of 36 shots this evening I took to try to get this cat to sit still long enough to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment