08 January 2011

POTD 8 of 365

This is one of our four cats, Whiskey, and, not coincidentally, the easiest to photograph of the four. He's tremendously mellow about things.

008_of_365

I'll admit to being a bit rushed this evening, because I have some editing to finish up, but, I still wanted to make an image that had decent lighting an a splash of color.

Once again, no setup shot (my apologies) but, this is shot at f/5.6 and 1/40, with an ISO of 2000 (seriously - I'm dumbfounded by the high-ISO performance of this camera).

Flash is on-camera, angled up to 60 degrees, with the integrated bounce-card extended. Most of the light is lost due to the high ceiling, but the bounce-card provides just enough light to bring out the detail in Whiskey's fur, and add tiny little catchlights in his eyes.

I could have pulled this one back a little to avoid cropping out the frame at the top center of the picture. I was, unfortunately, concentrating on getting the picture of Whiskey positioned properly in the frame, so I missed that detail.

He is handsome, though, isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment